Now that Easter is getting close, my mom and I start thinking about what we are going to have for our dinner menu Easter Sunday. Yes, every single year we roast a whole lamb on the spit in our yard, but other than that we always have other delicious Greek dishes to go with the lamb. One of my favorites is Greek Tiropita, which is a cheese pie. Traditionally Tiropita is made with filo dough, but I have come to love making it with Kataifi pastry, which is shredded filo dough. It just brings another level of crunch to the Tiropita mixed with the creamy cheese filling. Definitely a must try and it will be a favorite dish on your dinner table. Give it a try!
– Ingredients –
2 1/2 cups of crumbled Feta cheese
1 1/2 cups of Greek Graviera, Kaseri or a you can use whatever salty cheese you like
1/2 cup milk
Kataifi pastry or filo
1 cup melted butter
– Directions –
1. In a bowl, mix the feta, graviera, eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
2. In a greased baking dish, place a layer of the Kataifi pastry on the bottom and brush well with melted butter.
3. Place all of the filling over that layer of pastry and take another bit of kataifi to cover all of the filling on top.
4. Brush the top layer of kataifi well with butter.
5. Bake at 400 degree for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Here’s also my demo video on how to make this! Subscribe to my YouTube channel DespinasGreekEats! -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPREoOzN4js