To most people starting off the day with a cup of coffee is a life saver! I am not the biggest fan of plain old brewed coffee in a pot. Greek coffee is first of all an amazing alternative to simple brewed coffee or specialty coffees, but it is also proven that is is healthier than brewed coffee!
It is not a hard process to boil this coffee and it will be worth it!
– The first thing you need is a briki. It is just a little pot with a handle that we use for boiling coffee like this. *pictured below*
– You will also need Greek ground coffee. You may think it’s weird, but it is a powder. The coffee is ground so finely you have no need to strain or use any filter for it. The ground will settle to the bottom of your mug, so I believe you get more flavor of the coffee because of not having to filter out the grinds.
– How to make it –
1. First, fill the briki about 3/4 of the way up and place it on the stove at a medium heat.
2. Add about 1 tablespoon of the Greek coffee to the water and stir until you don’t see anymore clumps. At this stage if you want it sweet add in 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
3. Now let it boil on medium heat.
4. Once it starts simmering along the edges and you see a thick foam appear on the top take it off the heat and pour only that thick foam into your mug.
5. Return the rest of the coffee to the heat and wait until it comes to a rolling boil.
6. Pour the rest of the coffee into your mug an enjoy!
– I also have this recipe in video form on my Youtube if you like a visual visit my page and subscribe!
Also, follow me on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and here on WordPress for more recipes!